DACA, Travel Document

Can a DACA recipient travel outside of the US?

Yes, DACA recipients in the US are eligible to apply for Advance Parole (AP) which allows you to travel outside the US and return. Keep in mind that travel must be for a certain reason: educational, employment, or humanitarian purposes. If you’re unsure, an attorney could help you determine if your situation fits within these purposes. Also, be cautious and think carefully about the decision to travel. Although AP is allowed for DACA recipients, the US Port of Entry still has discretion to allow or not allow you to return. US CBP provides common reasons on their website of why a person could be denied entry to the US.

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply