A: Yes, if your husband is a permanent resident (LPR) he can likely submit a petition for you to obtain a green card. Spouses of LPR’s are not immediately eligible, and need to wait until their priority date is current. Right now, the wait is about 1.5 years. While a petition is pending, you could remain in the US only if you had another valid status. You may have trouble traveling in and out of the US while your petition for permanent residency is pending, but travel is possible. You’d have to show that you had intent to return to your country (by showing your job and property owned, etc).