DACA, EAD Work Permit

What is going on with 3 year work permits? Who needs to return EAD cards to USCIS?

Yes, due to a court injunction, 3-year work permits for some DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) recipients need to be returned. USCIS posted this week that DACA recipients who received a three-year Employment Authorization Document (EAD) after February 16, 2015, received it in error, and must be returned. Keep in mind that over 100,000 3-year EAD cards were issued before February 16, 2015, and these do not need to be returned.

If you have to return your three year EAD card, you should be eligible to have the two year EAD card re-issued.  If employed, notify your employer to update your I-9.

It is best to return the card and follow USCIS’s instructions because DACA will be terminated if card is not returned. Also, USCIS has stated it will make house calls to pick up unreturned cards.

Send your card by July 30, 2015 via certified mail (so you can track receipt) to:
PO Box 87730
Lincoln, NE 68501-7730

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

No Comments

Leave a Reply